Before you get started you need to set-up a Google Base account, which can be done here: www.google.com/base/
The following step-by-step instructions will automatically upload all of your Etsy items to Google Base. These instructions are probably the longest instructions I will ever post here -- If they are overwhelming I would suggest printing it out and checking off each step as you complete it. You will only have to do this once.
Note: If you have previous items in Google Base from manual uploads or from LetsEts, you need to delete these before you begin.
- Log into Google Base
- Click on the "Settings" tab
- Fill in your information. When entering your website address use the address with your shop number not your shop name.
Follow these added steps only if you are not sure what your shop address is
- a. Enter shopname.etsy.com into a browser (e.g., MagnetGames.etsy.com)
- b. Press "return" on your keyboard
- c. The website address in the browser should now be different.
- d. Copy that address, it is what you should use for step 3.
If you followed all of these instructions and you ended up with a "Failed" under recent uploads please post the failed message in the comments and I will be sure to help you get it all sorted out.
To set the time and frequency of your uploads follow these instructions:
- Log in to Google Base
- Click on "Data feeds"
- Click "edit" under uploads, it is right next to "Schedule"
- Choose the frequency, time, and timezone of your uploads.
- Click "Update Schedule"
Don't understand something I wrote about? Have a related question? Post a comment and I will be sure to answer it. Have an unrelated question? Submit it here and I will feature it on my blog!