- Log into Google Analytics
- Click "Advanced Segments" on the left side
- Click "Create new custom report"
- Under "Dimensions" click "Content"
- Drag the "Page" box to the Dimension slot (see image below)
- In the drop down menu select "Contains"
- In the Value box put "ref=sr" (More options for this text will be provided below)
- Click "Test Segment" which should cause some results to pop up
- In the "Name segment:" box put "search"
- Click "Create Segment"
- Follow steps 4-10 again but this time enter the text "ref=fp" in your value box and name it "front page"
- Follow steps 4-10 again but this time enter the text "ref=pounce" in your value box and name it "pounce"
To see the results follow the steps below:
- Click "Analytics Settings" at the top left
- Click "View Report"
- Click "Content"
- In the upper right corner click the "All Visits" menu
- Check off your new segments (see picture below)
- Click "Apply"
More of a visual learner? Check out this video!
Don't understand something I wrote about? Have a related question? Post a comment and I will be sure to answer it. Have an unrelated question? Submit it here and I will feature it on my blog!