Question #1: Is there a way we can get those little icons that appear in the window tabs on our own blogs and websites?
You most definitely can change that icon on your blog or website since we are allowed to edit html. This process will not work for your Etsy Shop since we have no html control there. If you would like to add your own icon to your Blogger Blog please follow the instructions below:
Note: These steps are a little bit more involved then some of my other tutorials, feel free to e-mail me if you get stuck and need some help.
- Find a picture or an image you would like to use
- Go here, click the "Browse" button then select your image
- Click the "Generate Favicon.ico" button
- A new page will load, click the "Download FavIcon Package" link below your image
- Save it to your computer, note where you saved the file
- Find the zip folder on your computer and double click on it (this should cause a new folder to appear that is not a zip folder. If this does not happen, right click on the zip folder and unarchive it using a method displayed in your "Open With" menu)
- Go here and browse to the folder, inside the folder choose the file that ends with .ico
- Click the "Upload" button
- This will load a new page, in the third box down copy the text between the [IMG] and [/IMG] tags. The text you copy should look something like this: http://www.picpanda.com/images/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.ico
- Log into Blogger, click "Customize", then click "Edit HTML"
- Find "<title><data:blog.pagetitle/></title>" it should be right near the top
- Paste in the following code right below the title tag : <link href="http://www.picpanda.com/images/abcdegghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon"/>
- Change the image link to the one you copied from the previous website.
- Click "Save Template"
Don't understand something I wrote about? Have a related question? Post a comment and I will be sure to answer it. Have an unrelated question? Submit it here and I will feature it on my blog!